Introduction to Wireshark
This is an introductory course meant for individuals that are truly new to the tool. Basic familiarity with the OSI model is strongly recommended.
This course incudes:
20-minute tutorial video for getting started
(4) custom lessons focusing on important skills for using the tool
(4) custom exercises to help practice your skills!
Before you sign up, make sure you check the system requirements for Wireshark HERE to ensure you can download and use the tools on your computer!
A little more about Wireshark:
Wireshark is a network packet analyzer. A network packet analyzer presents captured packet data in as much detail as possible.
You can think of a network packet analyzer as a device for measuring and examining what’s happening inside a network cable, just like an electrician uses a voltmeter for examining what’s happening inside an electric cable.
Here are some reasons people use Wireshark:
- Network administrators use it to troubleshoot network problems
- Network security engineers use it to examine security problems
- QA engineers use it to verify network applications
- Developers use it to debug protocol implementations
- People use it to learn network protocol internals