Work-Based Learning Experience is a Program
Work-Based Learning Experience
Full program description
What is a Work-Based Learning (WBL) Experience?
- Typically, this is a paid opportunity offered to students enrolled in a post-secondary academic program providing students with real-life work experiences where they can apply academic and technical skills and develop their employability.
Why should you try WBL?
· Application of classroom learning in real-world setting
· Improvement in critical thinking, analytical reasoning and logical abilities
· Expansion of curriculum and learning facilities
· Improvement of student awareness of career opportunities
· Making education relevant and valuable to the social context
Are you Eligible?
To be eligible for Work-Based Learning Experience placement assistance, you must meet the following criteria:
- Current student status at Augusta University OR Augusta Technical College
- NOT under academic probation/suspension
- NOT pending any unfavorable actions
- NOT pending any investigations for conduct
- In good financial standing at the institution
- Willing to obtain a background check (only if institution/school has not provided one)